We know, as a parent, you want to make sure your children’s beds provide them with everything their growing bodies need. This is especially important for the transitional periods when teens are growing, between the ages of 11 and 19. So, our innovative team at Bensons have been working hard to develop a clever new mattress that’s focused on providing adaptable support for the growing needs of teenage sleep. Introducing the brand new Flip mattress, by Slumberland, exclusively for Bensons for Beds.
Reasons to Buy the Slumberland Flip 2 in 1 Mattress
- Adaptable sleep support – specifically designed for growing bodies, pre-teen to adult
- Variable geometry spring – these innovative springs provide different comfort and support on each side of the mattress, ideal for growth development
- Flip to suit your comfort and support – simply flip the mattress to the ideal side for the teen’s individual, weight, height, and sleep requirements
- Outstanding value – literally two mattresses in one
- Softer side – for body cushioning soft/medium support, typically pre-teens up to around 15yrs/55kg
- Firmer side – enhanced support medium/firm, typically from 15yrs/55kg upwards into adulthood
- Comfort Edge™ – reinforced edge support, for added durability, reduces roll-off, and optimises the sleep surface all the way to the edge of the mattress
- Temperature+ treated fabric – helps regulate body temperature and rehydrate the skin whilst you sleep
- Pro-bio treated fabric – a natural treatment in the fabric, to help prevent allergens
- Truecomfort layer – for cushioning, breathable comfort, composed of 75% recycled PET plastic – that’s over 100 plastic bottles per double Flip mattress!
- High resilience foam – for responsive performance and durability, ideal for teens. The open cell structure helps keep them cooler too
- New life foundation layer – additional, durable support on the firmer side, with 91% recycled fibres, creating future-friendly products by reducing waste
- Mattress depth – 28cm
- Quality assured – British Standard Kitemark™ accredited, and made in the UK
- Free full 8-year guarantee – for peace of mind
Slumberland Flip 2 in 1 Mattress
Our bodies experience the most significant physical growth during these formative years. Statistics, from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, show that a typical healthy boy, aged 11 to 18, will experience almost a 25% increase in height and will almost double in weight*. Of course, these dramatic changes mean that the child’s mattress needs, in terms of comfort and support, will change dramatically too! Creating a challenge for one mattress, with one level of firmness, to offer the correct support during this key growth period.
A large amount of a child’s growth takes place whilst they sleep and so, if incorrectly supported, the body won’t be in the ideal position to grow and develop with correct spinal alignment. Importantly, without the correct comfort and support, appropriate to their changing body size, height, weight, and shape, a refreshing and restorative night’s sleep will not be achieved – which is a fundamental need for physical and mental wellbeing.
So, here’s the clever bit. The Flip mattress features an innovative new spring system, developed specifically for growing needs. The spring unit has variable geometry at either end, which delivers unique responses to weight and pressure – ideal for the changing weights and heights as your teen grows. One side offers a softer response, designed for the ages of 11 to 14, or up to 55kg. The other side is firmer and provides more support as they grow, typically for the ages of 15 to 19, or over 55kg. So, as the name suggests, simply FLIP the mattress once your teen reaches 15 or 55kg, whichever comes sooner. Literally giving you two mattresses in one.
The Comfort Edge™ system provides reinforced edge support for added durability. It reduces roll-off and optimises the sleep surface all the way to the edge of the mattress. As we all know, it’s never a good idea to be sitting on the edge of your mattress for prolonged periods of time, but for teenagers, it can be a convenient spot to perch as they game, chat, or catch up on their favourite show. So, we’ve provided 4 firmer outer rows of pocket springs along each side of the mattress, which are nestled together to increase the surface area and improve edge support.
Providing additional support and reassuring firmness on the mattress’ firmer side, there’s a New Life Foundation layer. This clever little layer delivers a durable and protective addition for the increased wear the mattress will experience as the body grows and develops. Made using a minimum of 91% recycled fibres, we ensure unused materials from the Bensons factory in Cambridgeshire, along with one of our key suppliers, are put to good use! This closed loop system is a great way for us to create future-friendly products by reducing waste.
Perfect as a transitional layer for growing teens, the high resilience foam provides body hugging support and a super responsive feel, for a durable and secure night’s sleep night after night. Whether they’re catching up on those all-important ZZZs, or scrolling through their socials, high resilience foam always returns to its original shape, time after time, so it’s one of the best filling layers in a bed for teenagers. Don’t sweat it! Thanks to its open cell structure, air and moisture can easily pass through to help your teen keep their cool, meaning they’ll wake up feeling refreshed and energised.