Getting a good night’s sleep is essential to staying happy and healthy. But buying a mattress without doing your research first can lead to sleepless nights and achy mornings, if you aren’t sleeping on a supportive base. And mattresses can cost anything from a few hundred pounds to thousands, so you’ll want to make sure your chosen mattress is worth the investment, before you buy.
Here, we’ve put together everything you need to know before you hit the high street (or browse the web – online only mattress companies are on the rise). So whether you’re a side sleeper or suffer from chronic back pain, read on to find out what option is best for you.
Best Recommended Mattress Type To Buy
Memory foam mattresses provide the ultimate in comfort by cleverly moulding around your body’s contours. Originally developed by NASA, the technology is great for people with back problems as it supports the spine in perfect alignment. For space‐age luxury, choose a memory foam mattress today.
The pillow top is an added layer of soft padding stitched to a mattress’s top. Besides supplying an extra layer of sumptuous, cloud-like luxury, the pillow top mattress is also effective for soothing side sleepers’ hip and shoulder pressure points. Pillow top beds are made of latex foam, memory foam, fibers, down.
An innerspring mattress uses a steel coil support system. There are several types of spring systems, including those with springs connected into a single unit and units with individually wrapped pocketed coils. The spring shapes, designs, coil gauge and number of coils in a mattress can vary.
Latex mattresses use latex foam as the support system, in the upholstery layers or both. Latex may be made from plant- or petroleum-based materials. Cool, responsive, and contouring, latex mattresses have a loyal following among those who have a hard time deciding between springs and memory foam.
Hybrid mattresses combine two ormoreprimary bedding matterials from other types of mattresses tocreate an entirely new type of mattress with its own unique feel. Hybrid mattresses are often rated as the best mattress for more reasons than one.
Gel mattresses use foam that contains gel in the product’s support system, upholstery layers or both. The gel is added to the foam using different types of technology. The gel foam can offer consumers different comfort, feel and heat dissipation features.
The Mattress Size Guide
One of the most important aspects of a better night’s sleep is ensuring you have enough room to fully relax and sleep. A common mistake in purchasing a bed is buying one that is too small. It’s also important to check the size of bed frames before buying as these will vary depending on the type of bed. But for standard dimensions, here are the most accurate UK bed and mattress sizes:
Most Common Mattress Sizes
- Twin Size Mattress Width: 39 in x Length: 74 in
- Twin Extra Long Size Mattress Width: 39 in x Length: 80 in
- Full Size Mattress Width: 54 in x Length: 74 in
- Queen Size Mattress Width: 60 in x Length: 80 in
- King Size Mattress Width: 76 in x Length: 80 in
- California King Size Mattress Width: 72 in x Length: 84 in
The best bed size really depends on who will be sleeping in it. If only one person will be sleeping in the bed, then a small single or sinlge bed will work. If two people will be sleeping in the bed, a small double, double, king or super king bed will give both sleepers ample space, ensuring you receive a good night’s sleep.
What Is The Best Mattress Brand?
For some people mattress brands are just a name, a tag and nothing else.There has been a lot of talk about this, and it’s interesting to see how many people are not sure what option to get. The problem here is that the best according to someone else, may not be best for what you need, causing a great deal of issues to end up coming through.
In order to establish what the best mattress brand is, you’ll need to consider what helps you get a good night’s sleep. Are you seeking something soft, something firm, or something that is going to allow you get some comfort or relief, you need to consider what your needs are. So, what is the best firm mattress? The best brand is not delegated by anything other than what your needs are. That has to be absolutely first in your quest. You could go with popular brands but the key is your own needs.
As the UK’s leading bed and mattress manufacturer, Silentnight are sleep experts – renowned for exceptional quality, craftsmanship and commitment to innovation.
Silentnight with a fantastic range of Miracoil and Mirapocket products for you to choose from! With up to 65% off, all Silentnight mattresses and beds are available with Free Delivery – as soon as the very next day!
World-renowned for their expertise, innovation and high quality products, Sealy is one of the leading bed and mattress brands.
Choose from impressive collection of Sealy Mattresses and Sealy Divan Beds, including Posturepedic pocket springs, PostureTech, memory foam, orthopaedic beds and much more. Enjoy up to 65% off and fast, Free Delivery as soon as tomorrow!
Committed to outstanding quality, innovative design and fantastic value for money – Relyon have a wealth of experience spanning over a century.
The collection of Relyon beds and mattresses include memory foam, pocket sprung, rolled up mattresses, orthopaedic mattresses and more!
With Free Delivery as standard, many of our Relyon mattresses can be with you as soon as tomorrow!
With over 100 years experience and a commitment to offering affordable luxury, Rest Assured is a leading manufacturer of high quality mattresses and divan beds.
The collection of Rest Assured Mattresses and Rest Assured Divan Beds include pocket sprung support, natural comfort blends of luxury cashmere, silk and wool, in addition to memory foam for the perfect night’s sleep.
With up to 40% off and complete with fast, Free Delivery as soon as tomorrow.
Held in the highest regard for their exquisite craftsmanship, innovative designs and superb quality, Sleepeezee is one of the world’s best known bed and mattress manufacturers. Sleepeezee Mattresses and Divan Beds provide a touch of class and luxury to your bedroom.
Sleepeezee mattresses, including orthopaedic and backcare mattresses, pocket sprung and memory foam mattresses for the perfect night’s sleep you have been dreaming of!
A UK based manufacturer of high quality mattresses and beds, Myers have a long and proud history dating back over 100 years. Approved by the NBF, Myers are well respected for their heritage and premium quality products.
Myers offer a fantastic range of beautifully crafted mattresses and Myers divan beds, including pocket sprung, orthopaedic and memory foam mattresses. Many are in stock and ready to be delivered to you as soon as the very next day!
Should I Buy A Mattress Online?
There are a number of reasons why it’s better to buy a mattress online than from a high-street shop or showroom:
• Convenience – you can browse for a mattress online without worrying about when the shop’s going to close or where you’re going to park when you get there. You can bookmark your favourite sites so that you can visit on a regular basis and check out prices – all in the space of a few minutes rather than wasting an entire morning or afternoon. Whatever the time of day, an online mattress store is always open for you to take a look around.
• Stock – because online mattress stores don’t have to worry about what they display in their showroom, you can see their entire stock online. Just click on the category, manufacturer or mattress size that is relevant to you in order to take a look at the mattresses offered by the retailer. You’ll also be able to see the price straightaway and find out whether that particular mattress is in stock.
• Price – the lower overheads that come with online stores result in savings that can be passed onto the customer. With no expensive showroom to rent and fit out, fewer staff to pay and reduced advertising costs, the mattresses you buy from an online store will nearly always be cheaper than those on the high street.
• Advice – you can still find good mattress advice online. At Dreams, MattressOnline, Bensons for Beds, .. They have a wide range of advice and handy hints on their site that can help you to select the mattress that’s best for you. If you can’t see an answer to your query, you can just give us a call and they will be glad to help.