Pocket spring mattresses are constructed using individual pocket springs which respond and contour to your body shape, offering maximum support and comfort. We’ve picked out ten of the best pocket sprung mattresses by considering factors such as value for money, specification and our reviews.
Best Pocket Sprung Mattresses UK 2021
We’ve included some cheap and mid-priced pocket sprung mattresses because not everyone is looking to spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on a mattress. Pocket sprung mattresses are available in single, double and king size, as well as the full range of firmness ratings from soft to extra firm.
- Bamboo Magic Pocket Sprung Mattress – Up to 88% Off (at GROUPON)
- Annison Pocket Sprung Mattress – From £299 (at DREAMS)
- Campbell Pocket Sprung Mattress – From £639 (at DREAMS)
- Hudson Pocket Sprung Mattress – From £539 (at DREAMS)
- Silentnight 1200 Eco Comfort Pocket Mattress – From £3xx (at AMAZON)
- Little Big Dreams Dream Catcher Pocket Sprung Mattress – From £259 (at DREAMS)
- Maitland Pocket Sprung Mattress – From £249 (at DREAMS)
- Jigsaw Pocket Sprung Mattress – Up to 86% Off (at GROUPON)
- Silentnight Eco Pocket 1200 Mattress – From £319.99 (at Bensons for Beds)
- Cashmere 3000 Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress – From: £194.99 (at Happy Beds)
Pocket Sprung Mattress Buyer's Guide
Pocket sprung mattresses use a combination of fabric pockets and springs to create a sleeping surface that responds to your body, offering unmatched full body support. They are a great option if you share a bed as the springs help to prevent ‘roll-together’ where you both end up rolling towards the middle of the bed during the night.
(1) How Many Springs Are There in a Good Pocket Sprung Mattress?
The bottom line is that the more springs, the better the mattress. A ‘good’ mattress will generally have above 1000 springs, with the acceptance that a higher spring count equals to better quality (and a higher price).
Although spring count is an important way to assess a mattress quality, you shouldn’t obsess over the number of springs alone. There are many factors of a mattress that you should consider to ensure it is suitable for you, such as features and firmness.
- Top ten 1000 pocket sprung mattress
- Best rated 2000 pocket sprung mattress
- Top rated 3000 pocket sprung mattress
- Top ten 3500 pocket sprung mattress
- Best rated 4000 pocket sprung mattress
- Top ten 5000 pocket sprung mattress
(2) The Pocket sprung mattress firmness:
Finding the right firmness in a pocket sprung mattress depends on your own build and how you sleep. The two things you need to know are:
- Heavier people need firmer mattresses than lighter people
- People who mostly sleep on their backs or fronts need firmer mattresses than people who sleep on their sides
You need to combine those two things together to figure out what firmness level is best for you.
(3) Pros & Cons Of Pocket Sprung Mattress
Ultimate comfort and superb back support
Can accommodate two people without ‘sagging’ in the middle
Expect to pay more
Often heavier than comparable mattresses.
Best Pocket Sprung Mattresses Deal & Review
#1. Bamboo Magic Pocket Sprung Mattress Review
- Bamboo protects the sleeping surface against the presence of odour causing bacteria in the fabric, hence ensuring long-lasting freshness
- Ant-bacterial, anti-mite
- High moisture-absorption rate
- Limits bacterial growth and any odours or mildew growth
- Aims to reduce the risk of asthma
- Deep layers of wool help stay warm in winter and cool in summer and absorb many pollutants
- Memory foam ensures the mattress adjusts to the shape of the body and provides correct support
- Reduces the need to turn to find the most comfortable sleeping position
- Pocket springs offer individual support
- Handmade in the UK
- Available sizes: single, double, king
#2. Annison Pocket Sprung Mattress Review
The Annison mattress offers the perfect combination of comfort and support for every area of your body.
With up to 930 individually wrapped pocket springs, the Annison mattress distributes weight evenly and absorbs any partner motion. The thick layer of memory foam moulds to your shape, perfect for relieving sensitive pressure points and giving optimal support through the night. The soft-touch knitted fabric cover adds the final touch of softness and comfort. The single sided Annison comes with convenient handles to rotate the mattress head to toe regularly.
#3. Dreams Campbell Pocket Sprung Mattress Reviews
The Campbell mattress offers the perfect combination of comfort and support for every area of your body.
With individually wrapped pocket springs, the Campbell distributes weight evenly and absorbs any partner motion. The thick layer of memory foam moulds to your shape, perfect for relieving sensitive pressure points and giving optimal support through the night. The soft-touch knitted fabric cover adds the final touch of softness and comfort. The single sided Campbell comes with convenient handles to rotate the mattress head to toe regularly.
#4. Hudson Pocket Sprung Mattress Review
If you need a firm level support from your mattress but enjoy comfort too, then the Hudson mattress is the ideal choice.
The Hudson contains up to 1,225 individually wrapped pocket springs for extra comfort. The springs distribute weight evenly across the mattress, providing independent support for every area of your body and absorbing any partner motion, eliminating the ‘roll together’ feeling. Deep layers of fillings add extra comfort and support, while the traditional damask cover offers a soft and luxurious feel. The Hudson comes with convenient handles for you to rotate and turn regularly.
#5. Mirapocket 1200 Eco Comfort Pocket Sprung Mattress Reviews
- FOR THE PLANET SAVERS : Foam and chemical treatment free
- ECO COMFORT FIBRES : Sustainable and breathable for a refreshing sleep night’s sleep that doesn’t cost the earth
- TAILORED SUPPORT : The Mirapocket layer uses 1200 pocket springs to individually respond to movement and deliver individual tailored support
- SOFT KNIT COVER : for a cosier sleep surface and soft smooth touch
- HYPOALLERGENIC : Offering you a clean and fresh night’s sleep
- DOUBLE SIDED : Double the durability and support
- MEDIUM FIRM COMFORT : a little bit of give, but with that extra level of support- perfect for both back and side sleepers
- HANDMADE IN THE UK : by the UK’s most trusted bed brand
#6. Little Big Dreams Dream Catcher Pocket Sprung Mattress Reivew
- 392 pocket springs
- Supportive pocket springs
- Anti-allergy fabric
- Rotate Regularly – Rotate head to toe weekly for the first three months, then every month thereafter
- Waterproof inner cover & water repellent outer cover to help keep fresh
- 15cm depth
- PVC free
This pocket spring mattress provides outstanding support for the developing child. The mattress has a luxurious cover with both anti-allergy and heat regulating treatments to make sure your child sleeps well every night. The top panel is removable and washable, with a handy waterproof layer underneath, to keep the mattress clean and fresh for the lifetime of the mattress.
#7. Hypnos walters pocket sprung mattress Reviews
- 1044 pocket springs
- Comfort grade – Firm
- Luxurious layers of solotex and wool
- 100% viscose Belgian damask cover
- Made in the UK
- Online only
- 10 year guarantee
The Hypnos Walters mattress is a firm tension pocket sprung mattress, with up to 1482 pocket springs offering superior comfort and support.
#8. Maitland pocket sprung mattress reviews
If you need a firm level support from your mattress but enjoy comfort too, then the Maitland mattress is the ideal choice.
The Maitland contains up to 1,225 individually wrapped pocket springs for extra comfort. The springs distribute weight evenly across the mattress, providing independent support for every area of your body and absorbing any partner motion, eliminating the ‘roll together’ feeling. Deep layers of fillings add extra comfort and support, while the traditional damask cover offers a soft and luxurious feel. The Maitland is a double sided mattress and so requires regular turning. We also recommend you rotate the mattress from head to toe regularly.
#9. Jigsaw Pocket Sprung Mattress Review
- Knitted sleep surface
- Anti-dust mite, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties
- Designed to ensure a fresh sleeping environment
- Cover along with the filling can help stop bacterial, mildew growth and odours
- Aims to reduce the risk of asthma
- Deep quilted surface
- Contemporary style
- Deep layer of wool in the filling for warmth in the winter and coolness in the summer
- Wool can also help maintain the longevity of the mattress, as it resists wrinkling and returns to its natural shape after being stretched
- Custom-fit to the body thanks to Memory foam
- Complete support to help reduce pain and fatigue
- Designed to help reduce the need to turn and change the position for added comfort
- Materials: wool, felt, memory foam, white fibre fillings
- High-count individual pocket springs
- Hand-tufted for added support
- Handmade in the UK
- Available sizes: single, double or king
- No assembly required
- Delivered as one parcel
#10. Silentnight Pocket 1200 Eco Comfort Pocket Sprung Mattress Reviews
The advanced zoned Mirapocket spring system offers the ultimate in comfort. The mattress contains 1200 individual springs that sit in their own fabric pockets. Each spring responds to your body, spreading your weight evenly across the bed providing zoned support where you need it most and luxurious, tailored comfort that is second to none.
The EcoComfort Fibre filling is durable and naturally breathable, and treated with natural Purotex probiotics to reduce moisture and dust mite allergens for a refreshing and healthier night’s sleep.
My Amazon Picks