The orthopaedic mattress is designed to benefit the whole body and provide a restful, comfortable sleep, so that the owner wakes refreshed with no aches and pains. These mattresses support the body fully and reduce stress on the back, neck, and joints by alleviating pressure points. This provides a high level of comfort and avoids stiffness upon waking.
Top 10 Orthopaedic Mattresses
|Sealy Posturepedic Backcare Extra Firm Mattress||The firmest mattress Sealy offers, this top-of-the-range extra firm orthopaedic mattress perfectly combines Power Pack targeted lumbar support and the PostureTech 620 Response spring system for exceptional support. more info|
|Sleepeezee Ultrafirm 1600 Pocket Mattress||The firmest Sleepeezee mattress yet! With extraordinary extra firm support from 1600 individually pocketed springs, enjoy enhanced performance - wake feeling revitalised! more info|
|Silentnight Amsterdam Miracoil Ortho Mattress||Combining the fantastic benefits of Miracoil with extra firm orthopaedic feel, the Amsterdam provides personalised support with a cushioning layer of EcoComfort Fibres for a wonderful night's sleep. more info|
|Sealy Millionaire Orthopaedic Mattress||Especially created for those who require extra support, this orthopaedic mattress with Sealy's outstanding spring system provides a firm, responsive sleeping surface. more info|
|Sleepeezee Backcare Deluxe 1000 Pocket Mattress||A great value for money mattress from Sleepeezee, with an excellent pocket spring system to provide remarkable support as you sleep. more info|
|La Romantica Adagio Extra Firm Mattress||Remarkably firm, this mattress features an enhanced orthopaedic layer for those who enjoy superior levels of support. more info|
|Rest Assured Novaro 1000 Pocket Ortho Mattress||With 1000 individual pocket springs and excellent orthopaedic support, this is ideal for those looking for a medium-firm feel to their mattress. more info|
|Rest Assured Belsay 800 Pocket Ortho Mattress||Approved by the Good Housekeeping Institute for 2016! Hand made with woven cotton and tufted for a firmer feel, the Belsay offers plush comfort and is ideal for those who prefer high levels of support. more info|
|Myers My Backcare Ortho Mattress||Featuring layers of firm, orthopaedic comfort, this mattress keeps you perfectly supported and balanced so all you need to do is enjoy a peaceful night's sleep! more info|
|Sweet Dreams Rebecca 2000 Pocket Ortho Mattress||A perfect blend of beautiful design and exceptionally firm support, this mattress is ideal if you're looking for high levels of orthopaedic support without compromising on luxury. more info|
Orthopaedic Mattress Reviews
1. Sealy Posturepedic Backcare Extra Firm Mattress
- Exceptional level of extra firm, orthopaedic support
- The firmest mattress that Sealy manufactures
- Sealy’s PostureTech 620 Response spring unit for remarkable support
- Featuring Power Pack support for the lumbar region – caring for your back
- Edge Guard for enhanced stability and durability
- Single-sided for easy care: simply rotate
- Tufted for improved support and longevity
- Elegant damask cover
- Sealy Smart Fibres offer a fresher sleeping environment
- Made in the UK
- 5 Year Warranty
Wake up feeling energised with the innovative Power Pack support feature! Offering exceptional, targeted lumbar support, the Backcare Extra Firm combines this with Sealy’s PostureTech 620 Response spring system to offer enhanced orthopaedic care and support for your back, ensuring correct spinal alignment for a truly restful night’s sleep. Read customer reviews
2. Sleepeezee Ultrafirm 1600 Pocket Mattress
- 1600 individual pocket springs
- Layers of cotton blend and polyester fillings
- Luxurious damask cover
- Hand tufted for enhanced support
- Double-sided for lasting performance
- Turning handles for added ease
- Superior extra firm support
- Depth of mattress: 24cm
- Made in the UK
- 5 Year Guarantee
Say goodbye to those daily aches and pains with 1600 individual pocket springs that move independently with your body to provide you with targeted support all through the night. Get the support you need, in all the right places – from one amazing mattress! No matter which way you sleep, the Ultrafirm ensures correct spinal alignment throughout the night for the ultimate in back support. Read customer reviews
3. Silentnight Amsterdam Miracoil Ortho Mattress
- Extra firm orthopaedic feel
- Miracoil springs provide 3 zones of body-targeting support
- Stable support from one edge across to the other – no roll-off or roll-together
- EcoComfort fibre cools you down while you sleep
- Contains components from recycled sources – beds can be comfy AND green
- Measures approx 25cm high
- Single-sided easy care mattress
- Five Year Guarantee
- Tufted mattress surface
Miracoil springs provide the dependable support that Silentnight are known for. The edges are stable and prevent roll-off, the middle’s equally firm, so you won’t roll together either. Three firmness zones target your body, so your support is perfectly tailored to you. Read customer reviews
4. Myers My Backcare Ortho Mattress
- My Pro-Coil orthopaedic Spring System offers firmer back support
- My Edge-Support around the mattress border helps to prevent roll-off
- My Pro-Clean actively works to keep your mattress cleaner and healthier
- MyCool layer under the mattress surface is the secret to a cooler, fresher, more comfortable slumber
- Tension tufted for enhanced firmer support
- Orthopaedic for the support your back needs
- Made in the UK
- 5 Year Guarantee
The Backcare Ortho teams layers of firm orthopaedic support with the My Pro-Coil Spring System for amazing comfort that adapts to your movements throughout the night. Tension tufted for further enhanced support, this mattress is simply perfect for those that crave that little extra sturdiness from their bed! Comfort and quality certainly isn’t compromised with this fantastic value for money mattress from Myers. Read customer reviews
5. Sealy Posturepedic Jubilee Latex Mattress
- Part of Sealy’s Posturepedic 60th Anniversary Jubilee collection
- PostureTech 620 spring system (provides the correct underlying body support)
- Endorsed by Allergy UK for the reduction of dust mites.
- Evenly distributes your body weight across the mattress
- Sealy Edge Guard provides edge-to-edge support for greater durability and comfort.
- Non turn mattress, easy to care for.
- Mattress depth approx 30cm (12″).
The Jubilee Latex is a wonderfully comfortable medium feel mattress. Designed specifically to provide the correct underlying support, it features weight responsive Sealy Posture Tech 620 spring system, and a deep layer of Innergetic Latex for outstanding comfort and pressure relief. Read customer reviews
Orthopedic Mattress Buying Guide
Orthopaedic mattresses are firmer than normal mattresses. A firm mattress is essential to support your spine. If your mattress is not firm enough the middle part of your body will sink into your mattress, meaning your spine is in an incorrect position, often leading to back pain.
Here in the UK, back pain is one of the most common reasons for visiting the doctor. It’s also a major reason behind absence from work. Anyone who has suffered from back problems or other musculoskeletal disorders – which, let’s face it, is most of us at some point in our lives – doesn’t need to be told how painful and distressing it can be.
1. What is an Orthopaedic Mattress?
An orthopedic mattress (or orthopaedic mattress) is a mattress designed to support the joints, back and overall body. As its name suggests, an orthopaedic mattress has been influenced by the medical study of orthopaedics which focuses on disorders or deformities of the spine and joints. Orthopaedic mattresses have been created to combat the problems one might experience with a bad back or joints by providing a firm mattress which offers targeted, tailored support.
2. The Benefits of Orthopaedic Mattress
A traditional mattress can often aggravate a bad back or make existing problems worse. Fear not though. A better nights sleep could be achieved with the simple use of an Orthopaedic Mattress.
- Increased support
Orthopaedic mattresses are designed to mold around the contours of your body, shaping around the key areas that need support including your neck, back and hips.
- Reduced aches and pains
By providing you with the correct support an Orthopaedic Mattress distributes your body weight evenly. This reduces pressure points offering temporary positional relief from your aches and pains.
- Better sleep
Orthopaedic Mattress can offer those who suffer from backache, aching joints and arthritic pain a better nights sleep. Improving positional comfort can lead to a more satisfying night’s sleep as you are not woken in the night with discomforts.
3. Types of Orthopaedic Mattress
There are several types of orthopaedic mattress, including traditional coil sprung, pocket sprung, memory foam, and organic mattresses. Each has differing qualities and drawbacks. Budget plays a crucial role in determining the best type of mattress to purchase, as do any pre-existing health or pain issues.
- Coil Spring Orthopedic Mattress
The coil sprung orthopaedic mattress is firm or very firm. It is suits those who experience back pain on a regular basis. The level of support that the mattress offers provides a fairly rigid surface to help the body to maintain good posture while sleeping. Compared to other types of orthopaedic mattress, coil sprung models are reasonably inexpensive and offer good value for money. The coils are open sprung, meaning that each coil is located next to and connects with the adjacent ones. This offers even weight distribution right across the bed. Coil sprung orthopaedic mattresses are durable and have a long lifespan.
- Pocket Spring Orthopedic Mattress
The pocket sprung orthopaedic mattress has approximately three times more springs than a coil sprung mattress. Each coil is in an individual pocket. This means that the mattress responds faster and more appropriately to the movement of the body. The well padded individual pockets mean that the springs are far less likely to be felt through the top layer, providing a higher level of comfort. As the pockets keep the springs separate, it is more comfortable for those that share a bed. If one occupant moves around, the other person is not jostled or disturbed.
- Memory Foam Orthopedic Mattress
Memory foam orthopaedic mattresses are made from a synthetic material called viscoelastic. It moulds to the shape of the body in response to heat and pressure. Once the weight is removed, the mattress regains its original shape. Memory foam mattresses are available in different thicknesses, ranging from 2.5 centimetres to 12 centimetres. It is recommended to start with a thickness of 5cm, unless you have a particular need for an alternative thickness due to a medical condition. The thicker the mattress, the firmer it feels.
- Organic Orthopaedic Mattress
Organic orthopaedic mattresses can be either coil sprung or pocket sprung. The mattress is made from a blend of organic wool and cotton. Expensive, organic orthopaedic mattresses are the perfect choice for those who suffer with dust mite allergies. Dust mites are repelled by the natural lanolin present in wool, so these beds are likely to remain mite free. The blend of cotton and wool means that these mattresses can feel very warm, with heat trapped by the woollen fibres. Organic mattresses do not generally last as long as other types unless used in conjunction with a good quality mattress protector.
4. Why Choose Orthopaedic Mattress?
An orthopaedic mattress will give you the right support for you, where you most need it, whatever your size and sleeping patterns. By cushioning your body and reacting as you move around, an orthopaedic mattress will help you maintain the correct alignment of your neck and spine while you sleep.
If you are uncomfortable, hot and bothered in bed, you are more likely to toss and turn – which won’t be good for your back. The best kind of orthopaedic mattress will offer motion and weight-responsive pressure relief, along with natural fillings that promote temperature control.
5. What are the Best Orthopedic Mattresses?
We checked orthopedic mattresses online to find the best ones for you. You could check online for detailed reviews of these orthopedic mattresses. These orthopaedic mattresses from leading brands such as Silentnight, Sealy, Rest Assured, Sleepeezee and Myers. With up to 65% off, you can enjoy a Free Two Man Delivery Upgrade to the room of your choice on selected products.
>> Explore Top 10 Orthopedic Mattresses HERE <<
6. How to Buy an Orthopaedic Mattress
When purchasing an orthopaedic mattress online, you should look closely at the feedback of the seller before purchasing an item. Feedback is left for a seller once the transaction has been completed. The feedback lets you know if the transaction is likely to be straightforward.
- Orthopaedic mattress provides firm, comfortable support for the entire body. Having a restful night’s sleep means waking refreshed and alert, ready to tackle the bright new day, with no stiffness or aches and pains.
- There are several orthopaedic mattress types, such as traditional coil sprung, pocket sprung, memory foam, and organic mattresses. There are both advantages and disadvantages to each, which need to be considered before making a purchase.
- You should carefully weigh up their options, considering which type is most likely to provide the level of comfort and support that they require.
- You also need to decide on the size of the orthopaedic mattress. If the bed base is already in place, then the new mattress will be of the same size. If the mattress is to be purchased first, you must decide how much free space they have for a bed in order to choose the most appropriate size.